Opening of the Rural Business Development Grant Scheme 2022
DAERA have announced that they will be accepting applications from 4 May 2022 under a scheme to assist rural micro businesses to ‘sustain, develop and recover’ from the impact of the Covid 19 pandemic.
The scheme in question is The Rural Business Development Grant Scheme and it is funded via the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs Tackling Rural Poverty and Social Isolation (TRPSI) Programme.
Key points to note:
- Scheme is open for applications from 9am on 4 May 2022 and closes at 12 noon on 31 May 2022
- The scheme will be delivered in partnership with local councils
- Only online applications can be accepted
- All eligible business must attend a pre-funding workshop which will be held virtually by your local Council. Mid Ulster Council area virtual workshops are scheduled as follows:
- Monday 25 April – 10am and 3pm
- Wednesday 27 April – 10am and 7pm
- Thursday 28 April – 10am and 7pm
- Tuesday 3 May – 10am and 3pm
- Monday 16 May – 10am and 7pm
- The grant will provide capital assistance of 50% up to the value of £4,999 for the purchase of capital equipment to help rural businesses remain sustainable and recover from the ongoing pandemic
- The total cost of the capital project must be a minimum of £1,000 and must not exceed £20,000. Applicants must provide the remaining match funding towards the project.
- Grants are available to support the recovery, sustainability and development of existing micro businesses based in rural areas who have not previously received funding under the TRPSI Rural Business Development Scheme 2021
Further details and guidance notes can be found online at www.daera-ni.gov.uk
If you would like help with your application please contact our office on 028 8772 4697.
Gildernew & Co. Ltd make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information herein. However, no reliance should be placed on any of the above without seeking independent professional accountancy, legal and/or financial advice.
Posted on April 21, 2022